Tuesday, April 10, 2012

79 Years Old and Still Going

Hello  all you young and young-at-heart folks who want to travel but can't quite get out there and do it. You probably find all kinds of reasons why you can't fulfill your dreams of traveling to new and far-away places. From the questions I've been asked about how I travel, I bet you're afraid to travel alone, don't know where to go, where to find accommodation, how to find  affordable flights, afraid of getting sick, don't know what to pack and if you're "of a certain age" and a woman, you think you'd be   "jumping off the cliff." to do what you want to do.  In fact, your friends and family will try to convince you of that.

. I'm here to help. I can do that because I've had a lot of travel experience, starting when I was a young girl at  17,  up  to right now, at 79.  And I've done it all before there were computers and with very, very little money.  No five star hotels for this girl, but  delight  was always in the travel package.

I get inquiries, especially  from single women asking me, "how do you do it?   How do you travel at your age and alone?"  I'll tell you:  you go to the nearest computer, buy your ticket online, and start packing.  OK, there are a few first steps, but I'd like to hear from you first, about  what holds you up from doing what you want to do.  I'll answer your questions and tell you how I do it.  For a start, I'll  tell you about where I was two months ago; the Middle East and Sri Lanka.  Alone.  Well, not really. There were people all around me all the time; at the airport, on the airplane, at the places I stayed (wait until I tell you about those!), and at all the sites I saw.

But before I tell you more, let me know what you'd like  me to help you with to make your dreams of travel come true.    I'm waiting to hear from you.

7 comments:

  1. Yay, Sallie. I have just added your blog to my Google Reader and I am excited about following your lessons learned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So how do I get on Google Reader? I couldn't figure it out. I can figure out how to get from here to the other side of the planet, but Google Reader ...?

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous start to what will surely unfold into an inspiring and highly educational blog! "Yay Sallie" is right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start! But who's gonna find your stuff among the gazillions of blogs on line... you need a better way of getting your thoughts out... they are worth hearing! Lov Ya, Bro

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful this is, Sallie! Can't wait to read more! Do you have any idea how inspiring you are?! You are my hero! I am on your Caravan! This will surely be a great inspiration to my journey later this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Como hago para escapar de mi trabajo una vez al año y viajar a donde tu vas?.

    mucha suerte, espero vernos cuando regreses.

    G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sallie,

    Thanks so much for creating your blog. I'll tell you what's holding me back and maybe you can help:

    I'm just about to turn 41 and currently I live in New York. I've always lived on the margin as a movement instructor but recent events have torpedoed my small business, my elderly dog had to be put to sleep earlier this month, and I'm at a total crossroads with my life. I don't want to my job anymore, in fact I haven't wanted to do it for years, I have a deep desire to go away and be alone with myself, but I have no money to travel with and a lot of debt .I'm ready to leave and I don't know how to do it with the limited amount of income I have. I'm also afraid that if I leave now I might torpedo the clients I have left. I love to travel, have been to Tel Aviv, Paris, Montreal, driven cross country three times and know that I just need to get out there. There you go, suggestions?

    ReplyDelete